Re: [VHFcontesting] Transmit Performance of the 222MHz Transverters Stor

To: VHF Contesting Reflector <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Transmit Performance of the 222MHz Transverters Store Transverters (aka Ukranian Transverters)
From: Zack Widup <w9sz.zack@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2017 09:15:22 -0600
I've been curious about these, but not enough to buy one. Schematics are
available on-line. Looking them over, I see they contain "older"
technology. If I were to design one of them these days, I'd use somewhat
different parts and configurations.

I use the W1VT no-tune transverter for 222 MHz. It uses three boards - one
for the 194 MHz LO and two identical boards that can be configured for
transmit or receive. They also allow several possible configurations on
receive depending on whether you're in a high-RF environment or not. They
are excellent performers. An additional power module gives me 10 watts
output.

By the way, this eBay sale is for the same module I use. I bought one to
have a spare. Very good price and the one I got works fine. You can squeeze
more than 10 watts out of them, but I throttle it back because I'm QRP
Portable in most contests.

It's eBay item 351966348973.

73, Zack W9SZ