[VHFcontesting] Old microphone connector for Bird Wattmeters....

To: VHF Contesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Old microphone connector for Bird Wattmeters....
From: Marshall-K5QE <k5qe@k5qe.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2017 20:08:59 -0500
Hello to all VHFers.....I need to make up a long Bird Wattmeter cable for use on a DXpedition. I want to put the pick-up body with the slug here and about 10-12ft away, but the meter movement.

For that, I need to procure a couple of the (very) old microphone connectors like were on the old Heathkit TWOER. It is a round coaxial connector, about 5/8" across, with a singe center point where the center of the cable was soldered and a shell with a spring on the back. I found a bunch of these at a hamfest a few years ago, but I must have used them all up. These are great for connecting to the DC port of Bird Wattmeter bodies.

Alternatively, I could use a real Bird DC connector, but those are much harder to find.

I really need to find one, but would take more if you have them. IF you have one or two of the old microphone connectors that you could spare, please contact me directly.

Thanks a lot....

73 Marshall K5QE
Phone is 409-787-3830 if you want to call....