Re: [VHFcontesting] 2M SPRINT from DM58

To: vhf contesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] 2M SPRINT from DM58
From: Mark Spencer <mark@alignedsolutions.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2017 11:03:12 -0700
17Q's and 8 Mults using the home station.  I don't contest much with the home
station but am pleased with this.   Spent about half the contest on meteor
scatter and completed one QSO with Tom WA6OSX via msk144, plus I heard a nice
ping in my speaker when trying to work Jay.  Also worked a local on 146.52 FM
who was unaware of the contest and later heard him on 144.200 SSB.

Had bad qrm to the east which typically made it hard to hear Jay and I think my
roving laptop needs an upgrade for MSK144 use on 144 MHz and up.   (I wanted to
use this contest as an opportunity to practice a bit for my future roving
trips.)

Also see a new receive converter / transverter with an external frequency
reference input in my upgrade plans for the home 2M station.

All in all a fun evening.   Thanks to all who participated.

Hope to be roving or portable for the rest of the spring sprints.   Maybe
roving in CN99 and CN89 for 222 and 432, portable from CN89 for the microwave
Sprint and portable from CO80 for the 6M sprint if enough snow has melted by
then (:

73

Mark S
VE7AFZ