[VHFcontesting] Zone2 on 2M EME and 6M terrestrial...

To: VHF Contesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Zone2 on 2M EME and 6M terrestrial...
From: Marshall-K5QE <k5qe@k5qe.com>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2017 17:12:40 -0500
Hello to all 2M ops that need Zone2 for a real 40 Zone WAZ.  VE3WY-Bob and
K5QE-Marshall are planning a DXpedition to Zone2 this summer.  The plan is for
a 2M EME operation and a 6M terrestrial operation.  The dates will be June 25th
thru June28th, with a possible operation on June 25th IF we can get everything
up and running soon enough.  The degradation during this time frame is
extremely low, so conditions should be great.  The grid will be FO10lb, about
50 miles(=80 km) north of Matagmi, QC.  The call will be VE3WY or VE3WY/2
depending on Canadian regulations.  Bob was looking into getting a special
event call--that may or may not occur.

We are planning the following stations:

2M EME
4 x 7el VE3WY loop yagis with QRO power.  We will have full steering on this
antenna with good preamps.
ASIDE:  When the moon is set for us, we will be trying some of the other modes,
such as MSK144, or SSB/CW if we get some Es or Au.

6M Terrestrial
5el VE3WY yagi with QRO power.  We are not going to have preamps here or
elevation, so 6M EME is unlikely.
Since this is a terrestrial effort, we will be running SSB/CW if there is an
opening of some kind and MSK144 meteor scatter if not.  Since we are so far
north, I have been told that there will be lots of wild prop from Au, Au-Es,
over the pole, and whatever else.

We will basically have two teams of ops
US Team = N5YA-Bill, AE5VB-Hugh, and me K5QE
VE Team = VE2WY-Bob, VA3LM-Len and VE3ADQ-Peter

There is one problem that we have not solved--how to have Internet at our site.
 I will send out another email on that.

73 The Zone2 Team
VE3WY-Bob
VA3LM-Len