Re: [VHFcontesting] W9SZ/R Spring Microwave Sprint

To: "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <VHFcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] W9SZ/R Spring Microwave Sprint
From: Keith Morehouse <w9rm@calmesapartners.com>
Date: Sun, 7 May 2017 12:08:48 -0600
There is a huge amount of commercial point-to-point microwave activity
around Chicago in the 5.7 & 2.4 bands (wireless internet).  By now,
probably in or near the 3.4 band, too.

-W9RM

Keith J Morehouse
via Moto G

On May 7, 2017 11:55 AM, "mailserver--- via VHFcontesting" <
vhfcontesting@contesting.com> wrote:

On Sun, 7 May 2017, Zack Widup wrote:

>I seemed to have a problem with the 2.3, 3.4 and 5.7 GHz bands. I
>couldn't hear well. Others told me I was plenty loud at their end. Some
>of the QSO's look a lot longer than I'd have liked.
>I managed four more QSO's from EN51xr. I could hear just fine on the
>bands I had trouble with earlier, so I still haven't figured out the
>problem at the earlier location.

Desense?
There was probably a whole bunch of commercial "stuff"
around you at that garage.

73
Jonesy
--