Re: [VHFcontesting] This weekend VHF contest

To: VHF Contesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] This weekend VHF contest
From: Patrick Thomas <p-thomas@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2017 07:27:09 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
> Bruce Tobias <wb9woz@comcast.net>
>
> I do talk up contests on nets and also my local club. Seems most
> people don't have simplex freqs programmed in their memory channels.

I've had a similar experience.  I wonder if maybe ARRL or some VHF group might
start putting out small brochures listing the common VHF/UHF events for the
year, calling frequencies, common spotting/propagation websites, a small or
regional grid map, etc., and distribute these at swap events, to see if maybe
that resonates.  And/or host more regular sprint events - maybe even an FM
sprint day.

Patrick
KB8DGC