[VHFcontesting] First-timer questions

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] First-timer questions
From: Matt Dean <matt@mattdean.ca>
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2017 10:37:25 -0400
Hi all,

I'm planning on trying the June VHF contest as my first time.  I'll be
operating as VE3MAT as Unlimited Rover but have a couple of questions...

1.  I only have 2m and 70cm FM, what are some of the common frequencies
that I should program into my radio and use for the contest?  I don't have
SSB capabilities on 2m or 70cm.
2.  Can I cross sections?  I live in Ontario South but am very close to
Greater Toronto Area - can I rove into both sections and if so, how does
that work?
3.  What is the exchange?  Is it just a signal report and 4 character grid
square?
4.  Is spotting and calling CQ Contest acceptable?

Thanks all and good luck!

Matt, VE3MAT