[VHFcontesting] Using the VC2EME call with WSJT and WSJT-x

To: VHF Contesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Using the VC2EME call with WSJT and WSJT-x
From: Marshall-K5QE <k5qe@k5qe.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2017 21:44:03 -0500
After reading Peter's(N5UWY) post, I began wondering if our special call for Zone2 was going to work in WSJT and WSJT-X. The VC prefix is not listed in either program. However, it is not a compound call either.

1)Will VC2EME work? I believe that it will. Testing with WSJT appears to work, although I don't have a radio connected to this computer.

2)Should stations put VC or VC2 into the DXCC prefix box in WSJT?

3)We will probably use WSJT v9.3 for EME on 2M and WSJT-X for all the MSM144 on both 2M and 6M.

If anyone has a definitive answer here, please let me know right away, off the reflector. Use k5qe@k5qe.com please.

I have a feeling that I am worried about a "non-issue"....I do that right before a big DXpedition....HI.

Please do try to work us in Zone2 if you can....more info on MMMonVHF.

73 Marshall K5QE