[VHFcontesting] Issues with WSJT-X

To: VHF Contesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Issues with WSJT-X
From: Marshall-K5QE <k5qe@k5qe.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2017 16:40:04 -0500
Hello to the VHF contesters....I had some problems with WSJT-X on the VC2EME DXpedition.

1)Although it worked just fine with a K3s and an HP computer in Bill's shack, it refused to work at all in Zone2. We could not get WSJT-X to recognize the USB audio path at all. This is not a high priority now, since I don't use a K3s at my contest station, but I would like to get to the bottom of this.

2)We could have made a LOT of contacts on 6M using JT65A....I was using WSJT10, but when people replied, the did not send the right message. What is going on with this?? JT65A should be JT65A....there should not be any difference between WSJT10 and WSJT-X....but apparently there IS a difference. What is going on there? Maybe these people were using JT65-HF?? I consider this one IMPORTANT! We will probably need to have this one worked out before the CQ WW VHF contest.

I would very much like to TALK to someone who is really knowledgeable in this respect. My usual WSJT-X guru is still sailing the Danube, I think. If you have free long distance and can help me with this problem, please call me at 409-787-3830. If not, just call and leave your number and I will call you back....

Thanks for the help....

73 Marshall K5QE
Phone is 409-787-3830