Re: [VHFcontesting] Beta Release: WSJT-X Version 1.8.0-rc1

To: Bob K0NR - email list <list@k0nr.com>, VHF Reflector <VHF@w6yx.stanford.edu>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Beta Release: WSJT-X Version 1.8.0-rc1
From: K7XC Tim Marek <k7xcnv1@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2017 14:30:40 +0000
Good Morning Everyone...

I used FT8 the day it was released. Its was clearly not done and needing to
evolve but that early version was very impressive! It has only got better
since.

The latest version was just released today at;
 http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/wsjtx.html

It should REPLACE ALL 6M Terrestrial JT65 operations as it is 4 times
faster, narrower, and a HUGE increase in efficiency! More QSOs per Minute
along with more operators per KHz! That's a WIN-WIN in anyone's book!

I have personally seen many EU Es openings last less than 2 minutes which
makes completing on JT65 impossible but using FT8 during that same event, 3
or 4 completions could have been completed in the same time period!
Something I used to do when everyone was on CW.

JT65A was fun when it first came out as it was a new way to work DX
terrestrially on 6M, but... IT WAS DESIGNED FOR EME, NOT Es! Its too slow
and often defeated by the short openings typical on 6M.

FT8 is fact, narrow, and OPTIMIZED for the realm of long haul 6M DXing.
Anyone who can grasp the possibilities should drop JT65 right now and make
the switch.

73s de Tim - K7XC - DM09jh...sk

Welcome to the FT8 Revolution... Resistance Is Futile!