[VHFcontesting] Reminder: W2EA High Knob, FN21KH - September 2017 Contes

To: packrats reflector <packrats@mailman.qth.net>, "Rover's for VHF Contesting and Grid Square Collecting" <rover@mailman.qth.net>, vhfcontesting@contesting.com, "vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu" <vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Reminder: W2EA High Knob, FN21KH - September 2017 Contest Operation!
From: Bob Fischer <bobw2sj@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2017 23:22:09 -0400
Hello VHF+ Contest Enthusiasts!

What are you doing next weekend September 9th,10th, & 11th from 1800z
Saturday to 0259z Monday?

The South Jersey Mountain Toppers ARC consisting of several Pack Rats and
SJRA members will once again activate High Knob in grid FN21KH in the
Poconos, operating Multi-op as W2EA for the September Contest. We will be
at 2047 feet ASL on bands 50 MHz thru 10 GHz with good antennas and power.
We have made many improvements this year, adding at least double the
elements on 903 thru 3456 Mhz. In addition, all micros including 5 & 10 GHz
will be on a 50ft tower to improve our path to many of you South / SW of
the mountain.

We know that some of you may only be on for a short time, so we will be
monitoring the ON4KST chat page Region 2, 144 & 432 as well as Ping Jockey
Client. We are generally on 50.133 and 144.185 + or - QRM. We will have
WSJT MSK144 on 6 & 2 meters as well as FT-8 on 6 meters. Our contact
numbers for skeds on the mountain are 484-614-1505 <(484)%20614-1505>
or 609-440-2916, text please or call if necessary.

Those of you who have been to a remote location in June or September know
it takes quite an effort to plan, set up, operate, and disassemble a
mountaintop station. We look forward to working you and giving you a new
grid on many bands!

Tnx es 73,

Bob, W2SJ & Bill, K3EGE

For the W2EA team