[VHFcontesting] VE7AFZ/R plans for the Sept VHF contest

To: VHF Contesting Reflector <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] VE7AFZ/R plans for the Sept VHF contest
From: Mark Spencer <mark@alignedsolutions.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2017 19:56:08 -0700
Hi:

(A longer announcement can be found on the PNWVHFS reflector.  Sorry for the
dupe message for many.)

I expect to be in CO80ja at the start of the contest on Saturday on 50, 144 and
222 MHz.   Will probably stay for a couple of hours.

On Sunday I expect to be setup in CO81oa by 8am.  Will spend some time on
MSK144 on 50.260 (alt frequency if needed is 50.263) 144.150 and 222.080 as
well as SSB / CW on the customary calling frequencies or 20 KHz up if needed.
Expect to stay until at least 10am or longer if there is a reasonable band
opening.   Main effort will be on 50 MHz but will call on 144 and 222 from time
to time.

Depending on how things work out I may be on the air outside of those two
windows.  In both cases I will mostly be beaming south into the PNW and beyond.

There is some uncertainty due to potential highway traffic delays and fire
hazard issues but will make an effort to be active in both CO80 and CO81 during
the contest.

73 and good luck

Mark S
VE7AFZ