Re: [VHFcontesting] The digital modes and the Sept contest....

To: "Steve (K1IIG)" <stephen.tripp@snet.net>, "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <VHFcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] The digital modes and the Sept contest....
From: Keith Morehouse <w9rm@calmesapartners.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2017 08:52:55 -0600
Steve, JT65 is surely this way.  I have made many contacts that could not
be heard.

FT8 however, is a different animal.  I have sat listening to 50.313 for
long periods at a time while in the office and constantly hear entire 15
sec weak sequences that don't appear to have multi-path or other
distortion.  They will not reliably decode. They will once in a while, but
not reliably.  I strongly believe my ears and CW make a better decoder then
FT8.

If one disagrees, I'd need to see numbers.  Otherwise it's a he-said,
she-said exercise.

-W9RM

Keith J Morehouse
Managing Partner