Re: [VHFcontesting] [PNWVHFS] FT8 frequencies for 2m and 70cm --tentativ

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] [PNWVHFS] FT8 frequencies for 2m and 70cm --tentative decision
From: Steve Kavanagh via VHFcontesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2017 11:02:09 +0000 (UTC)
Hi Pete

I am not sure 144.174 for FT8 would work very well in the east.  Outside of
contests it would likely be fine but during contests, SSB/CW activity almost
always extends down to .170 (top multi-op W2SZ/1 is always there!) and
sometimes to .165.

I wondered about 144.313, but I see ARRL lists this as an OSCAR subband, which
seems odd since it seems to be incompatible with the Region 1 band plan
(https://iaru-r1.org/index.php/spectrum-and-band-plans/vhf/2-meter).  I think
144.313 would be ok with respect to the (rather antiquated) Canadian band plan
(http://wp.rac.ca/144-mhz-2m-page/ ).

73,
Steve VE3SMA