Re: [VHFcontesting] Help with ICOM 9100...

To: Marshall-K5QE <k5qe@k5qe.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Help with ICOM 9100...
From: Peter Laws <plaws0@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2018 13:33:21 -0600
On Fri, Jan 5, 2018 at 12:35 PM, Marshall-K5QE <k5qe@k5qe.com> wrote:

> times the radio worked perfectly on WSJT / JT65b.  We were using the 6pin
> MINI-DIN data port on the back for the digital interface connection.
>
> NOW, I am trying to install this radio for my home station.  The data / WSJT
> works perfectly, as before.  However, I cannot get any power out on SSB at
> all.  I have used the mike that comes with the radio and also an ICOM desk

I do not have a IC-9100.  Thought about it but ended up with a IC-910H
to go with my IC-746Pro.

On the 746, to send and receive audio from the ACC(1) connector on the
rear, you need to be in the "D" mode - i.e., push and hold the SSB (or
FM or AM) button until the D illuminates next to the mode indicator.
If you don't, the radio expects audio from the mic port.  I assume
this is the same on the 9100.  What I don't know is whether this is
true for the 6-pin Mini DIN "DATA" port as well as ACC(1).  It
probably is but only your manual knows for sure (and maybe your
hairdresser).

In addition to changing the audio path, the "D" modes also defeat most
(all?) of the audio processing one might use for 'phone.