[VHFcontesting] Time for a Portable rig upgrade

To: "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Time for a Portable rig upgrade
From: Dan Evans via VHFcontesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2018 02:51:21 +0000 (UTC)
My old Yaesu FT897D is getting long in the tooth.  It's developing some issues
that have me doing research on newer "DC to Daylight" rigs.  (Display is slowly
dying, FM squelch no longer works...)
Right now the front runners are the Icom 7000, the Icom 7100, and the Yaesu
FT991A.   Currently, I'm leaning toward the 991a.
Anyone care to share their experience and opinions?
My use will be almost exclusively Rover and Field Day type portable use.
Thanks,Dan
-- K9ZF  Vice President, Clark County Amateur Radio Club,Amateur Radio
Emergency Service, Clark County Indiana. EM78el The once and future K9ZF /R no
budget Rover  ***QRP-l #1269 Check out the Rover Resource Page at:  List
Administrator for: InHam+grid-loc+ham-books  Ask me how to join the Indiana Ham
Mailing list!