[VHFcontesting] 6M amps for sale

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 6M amps for sale
From: "Marshall P. Williams" <k5qe@k5qe.com>
Date: Sun, 6 May 2018 09:43:59 -0500
Hello to all VHF contesters....

I have 5 6M1000 solid state amplifiers that I need to move out to new
homes.  I have two combined pairs and one spare.

The combined pairs were used in the K5QE contest station and the K5N
portable stations.  All performed perfectly.  I have the drive splitters
and the rat rat ring combiners for each pair.  I will also throw in the HP
blade server power supplies if you purchase a pair.

A single 6M1000 will put out 900W on JT, and a pair will put out 1800W.
When you run a pair at full power(1500W), they are really loafing.  After
running hour after hour in a contest, they are just barely warm.  A normal
100W rig will drive either a single or a combined pair with no problems.

Price for a single amp with no extras is $1000 + shipping.  Price for a
combined pair with splitter, combiner, and two HP power supplies is $2100
also plus shipping.

I have had a hip replacement and the rehab has not gone very well, so I
will not be able to go to Dayton this year.