Re: [VHFcontesting] Rover Logs for LoTW

To: Steve Kavanagh <sjkavanagh1@yahoo.ca>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Rover Logs for LoTW
From: K7XC Tim Marek <k7xcnv1@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2018 22:39:07 +0000
Yes you need to request a xxxx/R Callsign Certificate from the ARRL to
begin uploading Individual ROVER LOGS.

The big problem for the VHF ROVER is you need to parse the log into
individual logs based on GRID SQUARE you were in, IE ALL The Contacts From
XX01 only.

The you upload the logs for each grid you were in, one at a time, and make
sure to change the STATION LOCATION INFO TO THE CORRECT GRID PER LOG...
SO for a DM09 log you upload the DM09 file making sure to set the STATION
LOCATION Grid to DM09.

Once done with that file you start all over again with a log from a
different grid you were in, making sure to always use the right file with
the correct STATION LOCATION data.

Its very tedious and easy to make mistakes so DO NOT BE IN A HURRY! Best to
do it when your wide awake and not late at night when its so easy to screw
up.

Up;loading a file for one grid with the STATION LOCATION of a different
grid makes a HUGE MESS for everyone and is hard to correct quickly.

LOTW WILL NOT AUTOMATICALLY PARSE THE COMPLETE ROVER LOG INTO THE PROPER
GRIDS YOU OPERATED FROM!

I wish someone was around to tell me this years ago as it would have saved
me a ton of aggravation...

Your Mileage May Vary...

73s de Tim - K7XC - DM09jh... sk