Re: [VHFcontesting] WSJT-Xand FT-8

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] WSJT-Xand FT-8
From: Alan Larson <wa6azp@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2018 16:38:21 -0700
> Interesting..   Comments like this present me with a minor dilemma about
what frequency to "listen for band openings" on 50 MHz while driving when
roving (:   At this point I'm expecting there will be more activity on FT8
and hence a greater likelihood of detecting a band opening.  It will
interesting to see what happens during the contest.  A good problem to have
I suppose.

  I would suggest listening 50.125 or 50.095, perhaps with scanning around
there.

  That way you can hear when there is an opening, and you don't need to
keep looking at the computer while driving.

  Remember, though, that in some states it is illegal to operate while
driving.

        Alan