[VHFcontesting] FT8 and Rovers another idea

To: VHF Contesting Reflector <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] FT8 and Rovers another idea
From: Mark Spencer <mark@alignedsolutions.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2018 14:11:38 -0700
How about asking the ARRL and other contest organizers to make the use of the
"/R" suffix for Rovers optional ?

As a rover I could see myself calling CQ with a "/R" suffix and not bothering
to send "/R" during WSJT-x qso's if I felt that was within the letter and
spirit of the rules and it made WSJT-x qso's easier (which I believe it would.)
On balance I suspect this would cause less confusion than the current FT8
situation vis a vis Rovers.   From a logging perspective it would be up to each
contestant to declare themselves as having been a "Rover" or not when
submitting their logs.

Comments ?

73
Mark S