Re: [VHFcontesting] Favorite path analysis programs, and topo map questi

To: nosigma@aol.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Favorite path analysis programs, and topo map question
From: Dana Shtun VE3DS <ve3ds@acanac.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2018 20:04:31 -0400
I have operated from our family cottage at Southampton, ON on L Huron over the
years 70 - 90’s  and from there its easy to work mobiles on 2 m ssb in
Iowa…also lots of UHF VHF TV tropo happens I used to watch Wisconsin TV there
on VHF and UHF…222/432 was great SE and NW..
VE3EMS (VE7PS)  lived in Elliot Lake on the North Shore of Huron and worked
W5LUA on 222 tropo …
The lakes provide open water take offs which are really helpful for prop….The
west end of Erie provides a good shot to the east… The trick is to find the
high spots without trees back from the shore and well above lake level...

Dana VE3DS

On Aug 6, 2018, at 19:01, John Young via VHFcontesting