[VHFcontesting] 2M MSK144 from EN75

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 2M MSK144 from EN75
From: John Ackermann N8UR <jra@febo.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2018 12:21:21 -0400
I'm planning a trip to our cottage in northern Michigan (EN75) and am bringing along my new 500W 2-meter amp. I'd like to try some MSK144 while I'm there. Current plans are to be active from about Tuesday, August 22 through Sunday, August 26, plus or minus some antenna repair work.

I hope to wake up in time to start calling CQ by 1100Z (0700 EDT) on 144.150 each morning. I'll start with my beam pointing about 100 degrees and work my way around through south to the west. Unless otherwise set up in a sked, I'll plan to transmit with the first/even sequence.

I'm happy to try skeds, and will attempt to use Ping Jockey to coordinate. But my internet connection is sometimes flaky so by default I'll CQ as noted above.

I'll also have a KW on 6M and will be happy to try MSK144/FT8/SSB/CW there.

I'm fairly new to MSK so am open to hints and suggestions.

73,
John N8UR
jra@febo.com