[VHFcontesting] W2EA High Knob, FN21KH - 2018 ARRL September Contest Ope

To: packrats reflector <packrats@mailman.qth.net>, vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu, vhfcontesting@contesting.com, "Rover's for VHF Contesting and Grid Square Collecting" <rover@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] W2EA High Knob, FN21KH - 2018 ARRL September Contest Operation!
From: Bob Fischer <bobw2sj@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2018 14:24:45 -0400
Hello VHF+ Enthusiasts!

What are you doing the weekend of September 8th & 9th?

The South Jersey Mountain Toppers ARC consisting of several Pack Rats and
SJRA members will once again trek to High Knob, grid FN21KH, a remote
location in the Pennsylvania Pocono Mountains. We will be operating as W2EA
for the September Contest  at 2047 feet ASL on all bands 50 MHz thru 10 GHz
with good antennas and power.

We know that some of you may only be on for a short time, so we will be
monitoring the ON4KST chat page as well as Ping Jockey Client. We are
generally on 50.133 and 144.185 + or - QRM. Give us a call there and we
will run you up the bands! In addition, any other acceptable assistance
methods can be used to alert us of your availability during the contest.
Please see our listing in the W3SZ / K1RZ Database at the link below:

http://w3sz.x10.mx/k1rz/K1RZDataGridTablesAll.php

By the way, if you operate in the North, Mid or South Eastern Atlantic
geographic areas and have not entered your info in the Database, please do
so for others to see at the link below:

http://w3sz.x10.mx/k1rz/getUpdateForm.htm

Those of you who have been to a remote location in June or September know
it takes quite an effort to plan, set up, operate, and disassemble a
mountain top station. We look forward to working many of you and possibly
giving you a new grid (FN21) on all 10 bands!

*NOTE:* To Pack Rats and all ARRL Affiliated Clubs: Don't forget, all your
club member's logs submitted add to the combined ARRL Club Competition
score for your club!!

Tnx, GL, es 73,

Bob, W2SJ & Bill, K3EGE

For the W2EA team