Re: [VHFcontesting] Will you add your name to this petition?

To: "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Will you add your name to this petition?
From: Jeff Thomas <wa4zko@outlook.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2018 17:19:38 +0000
Conceding that I'm not a lawyer, I don't play a lawyer on TV, and blessed to
not be a politician.....

>From how this was explained to me by a friend well versed in Federal budget
>matters the root of this story is nothing more than a budget reduction request
>sent to NIST asking about several areas where $ might be saved. This is common
>agency budget stuff that does not mean WWV/WWVB/WWVH is in imminent danger of
>being shut down. Shame that the ARRL didn't explain it better.

Regardless, such concerns are best addressed in a letter or email to your
particular congress critters versus the White House that has nothing to do with
such budget matters at this point. For now a letter or email to your reps
reminding them of the various value points of WWV/WWVB/WWVH radio stations
would do 100x more good than this well intended but flawed petition.

I'm actually skeptical that anything really needs to be done....yet.  One might
draft a letter/email and keep it handy though.

73

Jeff

WA4ZKO