[VHFcontesting] K1SIG/R September Roving

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] K1SIG/R September Roving
From: Chris Lumens <chris@lumensoutdoors.org>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2018 16:22:22 -0400
K1SIG/R will be hitting the road again for a somewhat less ambitious
rove.  Sean's out due to a new kid, but David WH6DSN will be taking his
place and we'll be using my car and gear instead of Sean's.

This will be a stop & shoot style operation - fewer but longer stops,
beams, and more intensive setup.

We will be operating on:

* 6m, 2m, and 70cm:  Real power, real beams.
* 1.25m: Low power, real beam.  Anyone got a spare amp they no longer
  need?
* 23cm: Low power, hopefully real beam.  I waited a bit late to order
  the antenna.  If it doesn't show up, we'll be using the 2el PCB yagi
  and a whole lot of hoping.

We can do SSB and FM on all bands, and I can do hilariously crappy CW if
necessary.  We are not set up for digital modes at this time.  While on
the road, we will occassionally throw out a call on 2m and 70cm FM but I
do not anticipate much coming from that.

Our tentative schedule is as follows.  There's a chance of rain starting
to creep in for Sunday, which might throw everything off.  I don't have
time to build some waterproofed way of getting coax into my car.

Saturday

* 1800 UTC: Dresser Hill Rd - Charlton MA - FN42ac
* 2100 UTC: Soapstone Mt - Somers CT - FN31tx
* 2359 UTC: Walmart - Putnam CT - FN41bw (worked all Wal-Marts!)

Sunday

* 1200 UTC: Lowe's - Bedford NH - FN42gw
* 1400 UTC: Tower Hill Rd - Bow NH - FN43fc
* 1800 UTC: Bly Hill - Newbury NH - FN33xi
* 2200 UTC: Hogback Mt - Marlboro VT - FN32ou

I'll definitely consider other locations if anyone has clever ideas.
I'll also be harvesting phone numbers from posts to this list, but I'd
prefer to not post my phone number here saved for all time.  If you need
it, just ask.  We'll also be K1SIG-R on APRS.

--
Chris Lumens - KG6CIH
Hike * MTB * XC Ski * Haskell