[VHFcontesting] K1FJM/6-N6ZE/6 Initial Sept ARRL VHF Contest Comments

To: PNWVHFS@googlegroups.com, vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] K1FJM/6-N6ZE/6 Initial Sept ARRL VHF Contest Comments
From: peter h via VHFcontesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2018 14:23:12 +0000 (UTC)
With very limited time availability and catching up from a month up in CN87, I
did something different, for me, for the September VHF Contest. I operated from
a slightly elevated parking lot in DM04ne, about 1/2 mile West of my Thousand
Oaks, CA, home QTH.

I decided to do FM LP only, which permits only 6, 2, 135, 70 cm only and used
K1FJM/6, the callsign of the Thousand Oaks EME Club.

To exercise 33 cm, I resorted to using N6ZE/6 for 2 QSOs in 2 grids.

As such, I am submitting 2 entries!

Roving rules currently permit "Rover" category if you move between 2 or more
grids and no longer stipulate that QSOs shall be made from each grid. BUT there
is still no way for an entrant to move about in 1 grid only, whether as a
mobile, rover, or whatever! GRRRRR. I sure wish that 225 Main Street would fix
this problem.

Operational K1FJM/6 & N6ZE/6 comments, subject to revision, are posted on 3830.

bt73
Pete, N6ZE in DM04ne today