[VHFcontesting] Testing IC-7300 for TX power overshoot

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Testing IC-7300 for TX power overshoot
From: John Ackermann N8UR <jra@febo.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2018 13:19:44 -0400
This may be old news, but I wanted to see if my IC-7300 had the key-up power spike that's been reported on other Icom rigs when the power output is turned down. The short answer is that I don't see any sign of overshoot, so this rig should be safe to use with amplifiers or transverters that want the wick turned down. (Of course, you can still blow things up by forgetting to turn the power down...)

Details and pretty screenshots at https://blog.febo.com/?p=321

73,
John