Re: [VHFcontesting] FT8 contest frequencies for 144, 222, 432, 1296

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] FT8 contest frequencies for 144, 222, 432, 1296
From: Buddy Morgan via VHFcontesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2019 23:33:41 +0000 (UTC)
 A few comments:
50.313  and 144.174 are pretty well established frequencies - they are already
programmed into the software.
Apparently some people agreed on 222.080. I do not know about elsewhere, but
around here, there always seem to be concerns about interfering with EME
activity, when you operate below the call frequencies. So, we thought that
picking frequencies above the call frequency would be better
I looked at 432.500. I thought some people might have antenna BW problems, that
high in the band. Hence, we picked 432.174.
The concrete has not set, yet. Any other thoughts?

Buddy WB4OMG
EL 98