[VHFcontesting] KM4KMU (FM Category) shifting operating locations for co

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] KM4KMU (FM Category) shifting operating locations for contest
From: John Young via VHFcontesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2019 12:16:13 +0000 (UTC)
Due to a weather front coming in Sunday morning (sub zero with high winds on
the mountain) I will be moving my operating location to a lower altitude a lot
closer to civilization.
New Location:  FM08XW (grid corner of FM08-09-18-19)Altitude 2,250 ft.40 miles
west of Washington DC on I-66.
6, 2, 1.25m, 70cm with beams 100w amps, pre amps.  FM on all bands.  Always
happy to work SSB on bands where we cant make an FM QSO.
I will have cell service and text at this location (a new experience for me) so
feel free to set up a sched.703 678 6795.
From this location I will be able to work FM out to a 150 mile radius arc.
Clockwise the arc should cover Altoona PA,  State College PA, Reading PA, South
Philly, Ocean City Md, and Norfolk Va.  Due south I will be about 30 miles
short of Raleigh Durham.  I will be very limited to the west, basically the
I-81 corridor.
I should be able to reach the following grids with normal propagation to a 3dB
omni.FM06 (eastern)FM07 (eastern)FM08, (east of I-81)FM09  (east of I-81)FM16
(nothern)FM17FM18FM19FM28 (western)FM29FN00 (south east)FN10FN11 (southern)FN20
(southwest corner)
Good Luck to All73JohnKM4KMU