[VHFcontesting] ARRL's Jan. VHF Contest Finally Arrives!; Hours: Sat 11A

To: CVARCDiscussion@yahoogroups.com, k1fjm@aol.com, vhfcontesting@contesting.com, wswss@mailman.qth.net, vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu, arrlsb@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [VHFcontesting] ARRL's Jan. VHF Contest Finally Arrives!; Hours: Sat 11AM - Sunday 8PM
From: peter h via VHFcontesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2019 15:35:11 +0000 (UTC)
The ARRL VHF Contest begins at 11:00 AM PST on Saturday, 19 January and ends at
8:00 PM PST on Sunday, 20 January.

I'll use callsign N6ZE/Rover on all bands near these frequencies:

50.125 MHz USB;  52.525MHz FM (6 meters)
144.200MHz USB; 146.52MHz FM/146.55MHz FM (2 meters)
222.1MHz USB; 223.5MHz FM (135cm)
432.1MHz USB; 446.0MHz FM (70cm)
927.5 MHz FM (33cm)
1296.1MHz USB/CW; 1294.5MHz FM (23 cm)

At start of contest, I'll be in Thousand Oaks area, then move to Santa Monica
Mts & DM03. Later TBD??

For skds: send e-mail to n6ze@aol.com or call my cell/txt.

The Contest is open to ALL classes of licensees and only requires availability
of a transceiver which operates on any of the amateur radio frequencies on 50
MHz (6 meters) and up through Microwave frequencies. Even if you just have a 2
meter FM  handheld, you can still participate!

If you have never operated in a VHF Contest, and in particular, have not used
FM, please look at the enclosed article which the Pacific NW VHF Society has
given me permission to publish here. Although the article, written by WW7D, has
been around for a while, it contains LOTS of useful info:
http://www.pnwvhfs.org/fm-contesting.html

For full contest rules and info on the various Entry Categories: QRP, FM Only,
Single Operator, Rover, etc, please refer to:   http://www.arrl.org/january-vhf

Good Luck to ALL & don't forget to submit your logs after the contest.

bt73

Pete, N6ZE
WSWSS, VCARS, PNWVHFS, CVARC, ARRL-LM