[VHFcontesting] KF2MR/R Plans for Contest - Maybe

To: "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] KF2MR/R Plans for Contest - Maybe
From: Jarred Jackson <Jarred.Jackson@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2019 14:31:05 +0000
I will be out in the contest, however with a winter storm warning in effect and
14” of snow predicted, my plans are completely up in the air. I will do my best
to operate from typical locations in FN13, FN02 and FN03, but will not risk the
location in FN12 (maybe at the end of the contest if it gets plowed –
unlikely). If roads look OK in a couple of hours, I might meet up with a couple
of other rovers near FN22/23 at the start of the contest and see what happens
from there. I expect to operate 50-3456 MHz (when snowing - 5&10G will stay in
the car for short range QSOs). Where I have data service I will log into ON4KST
and text those who I have in the past. Otherwise I will CQ at least once an
hour on 2m.

Bringing the tire chains, a shovel, a sleeping bag and hoping I don’t need any
of these.

Good luck to all