Re: [VHFcontesting] Jim - NW7O - Now a SK

To: "k7xcnv1@gmail.com" <k7xcnv1@gmail.com>, "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>, VHF Reflector <VHF@w6yx.stanford.edu>, Pacific NW VHF Society <pnwvhfs@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Jim - NW7O - Now a SK
From: Bruce Kripton <bkripton@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2019 23:37:28 +0000 (UTC)
Nice tribute, thanks Tim.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Mon, Jan 21, 2019 at 3:05 PM, K7XC Tim Marek<k7xcnv1@gmail.com> wrote:
It is with great sadness I must report finding the call of Jim - NW7O
among the rolls of Silent Keys in the Feb issue of QST.

Jim was a long time stalwart of VHF+ Weak Signal operating from Nevada...
ALL OF NV!
His grid DXpeditions in the 80s and 90s took him to every grid in Nevada
Many times and was my inspiration for following in his footsteps from the
90s to late 2000s by activating every grid in NV numerous times as well.

His 4x4 trucks portable tower/antenna system were a marvel of lightweight,
strength and high performance. It was thru Jim's efforts that I have
confirmed every grid in NV on 6 - 432.

Beginning each Summer in June It was not uncommon to find him and W7TVF
activating one or more of the rare NV grid squares for the deserving.

He was an top line Senior Aircraft Mechanic based in Las Vegas and upon
retiring in the mid 2000s retired to MT where the prairies are green and
noise levels low.

He was a great mentor into Weak Signal Mountain Top VHF+
Operating/Contesting. I will miss him greatly.

RIP Jim

Respectfully,

Tim - K7XC - DM09jh... sk