Re: [VHFcontesting] Microwave Energy Directed at Overseas Personnel?

To: "N6Ze" <n6ze@aol.com>, <pnwvhfs@googlegroups.com>, "Vhf Contesting Vhf Contesting" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Microwave Energy Directed at Overseas Personnel?
From: "Steve\(K1IIG\)" <stephen.tripp@snet.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2019 09:19:09 -0400
I too saw that show and question why they did not have RF detector devices if they suspect China or Russia was using Hi Pwr RF causing health issues. They spoke about the possibilities that the same freq as Microwave ovens (2ghz) being used. If the RF was so intense a simple microwave oven detector would have picked up the signal. I happen to have one of these devices used to detect leakage from a microwave oven. When I was a cellular tech we were issued Narda RF detector badges. When the techs were exposed to hi RF fields the Narda would warn us at 50% unsafe levels. When I was on a bank building in Springfield MA the alarm would always go off if I stayed on the roof near the antennas. The roof top was loaded with hi power pagers and cell antennas. If I stayed for any length I would get a nasty headache. The headache would not last when I left the roof top and I was told RF exposure did not stay in your body once out of the field. I can not think of the technical term for this. Cell companies must do an RF Density test at various distances and of course always passed this test. At one time early in the cell business we had to shut down the site or a particular face when climbers were on the tower. I do not believe this is today's standard practice. I have no clue if there are any long term health affects but for sure being exposed to high power can give you a headache.
Steve
K1IIG
Cell tech/engineer 1984-2001

A “60 Minutes” story on 17march19 discussed various physical (cranial) maladies experienced by USA government employees & their families, POSSIBLY inspired by microwave RF energy directed at their residences or offices. No mention was made of any RF field strength measurements! Does anyone have ‘educated/learned’ comments on this report?? I have a few empiric thoughts
on this, but am definitely not an expert.

Bt73
Pete, n6ze: with qrp on 70, 33, & 23 cm bands
Sent from my iPhone

---