Re: [VHFcontesting] SG Labs 903 MHz Transverters

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] SG Labs 903 MHz Transverters
From: Buddy Morgan via VHFcontesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2019 11:12:57 +0000 (UTC)
A few years ago, George, WA2VNV purchased one of their 1296 transverters. It
really worked well for him. Since there is not a lot of activity on 900, around
here, I did not want to spend a lot of money on equipment, for that band. So, I
bought a SG Labs 900 transverter. I purchased an 11 element commercial yagi, on
sale. Bottom line: I have a 900 rover, that works well, for less than $300. My
IC 9100 is a little heavy, to take roving. So, I later purchased the 1296
transverter and the PA. I recently purchased the 2304 transverter. I am
interfacing it with an old SSB PA, to use, roving, in the June contest. I have
used the 2304 transverter, with a FM H/T and a Cloverleaf antenna. Works pretty
well.

Skipping to the end of the story, the Bulgarians make good equipment, at good
prices. I do not like to see domestic manufacturers suffer, from foreign
competition. But, in this case, the price is not even close.

Buddy WB4OMG
EL 98