Re: [VHFcontesting] 2m under attack

To: VHF Contesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] 2m under attack
From: Peter Laws <plaws0@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2019 09:59:05 -0500
On Thu, Jun 13, 2019 at 7:11 AM Steve(K1IIG) <stephen.tripp@snet.net> wrote:

>  FYI, hope this does not catch on in US.
> Hard to believe.
>
> http://www.southgatearc.org/news/2019/june/wrc-23-agenda-Items-may-impact-144-mhz-and-1240-mhz-bands.htm#.XQFv3FZ7mM8

REF seems pissed apparently the French version of the FCC didn't even
notify them.  What I haven't seen is whether this is a one-off or part
of a move Region-wide or globally.  I kind of doubt it - it's
discontinuous with the world-wide aviation band at 108-136 MHz (or
wherever the edges are these days).

I can't help think that it was a typo and they meant another band.  I
have not read the actual proposal (wasn't linked to REF's page as of
yesterday).