Re: [VHFcontesting] Grid activation DN02/03/04 final thoughts.

To: Barry Hansen <barry@k7bwh.com>, FFMA@yahoogroups.com, PNWVHFS <PNWVHFS@googlegroups.com>, VHF Contesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Grid activation DN02/03/04 final thoughts.
From: James C <jabeco@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2019 19:59:25 -0700
Thank you for the kudos Barry,

Yes, it is quite a desolate and remote area. The nearest towns were 65
miles South or 75 miles North from where I was at.

I didn't end up bringing the trailer'd 7el LFA and I'm glad I didn't.. some
of the places would have been much more difficult to navigate.
I ran lighter and used an easy to setup 5el and a KW.

Your rover website is an amazing tool for anyone looking to rove in the
PNW.  I referenced it a lot during the planning process.

I would guess that Mike, You and I may be the only hams to have made it all
the way out to the Bacon Camp, then up the mountain road to the final spot
on the line. It would be neat to hear of anyone else that may have been
there before.

Thanks again, 73 .-James K7KQA DN06