Re: [VHFcontesting] Mix 31 or 43 ferrite material for use at 50 MHz ?

To: Mark Spencer <mark@alignedsolutions.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Mix 31 or 43 ferrite material for use at 50 MHz ?
From: Sean Waite <waisean@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2019 12:02:51 -0400
Per Jim Brown, K9YC, one of the experts in the field -

"I recently did some work on chokes for 6M and posted the result to an
email reflector devoted to grid chasers for that band. Two turns of
RG8-size coax through a 1-in id. #31 clamp-on is optimum for 6M, and
yields about 1K ohms resistive choking Z. I recommend at least two such
chokes in series at the feedpoint. For RG8X or RG400, two turns through
TWO 3/4-in i.d. cores is optimum for 6M, and yields about 1.2K choking
Z. Again, use at least two such chokes in series.

For 2M, use multiple #31 clamp-ons, sized to fit the coax. Use the link
below to select the size that fits your coax. Each will provide about
250 ohms choking Z on 2M. Do not wind turns, just clamp them onto the
coax. I would use at least five, and ten is better. :)   Arrow is a good
vendor for parts they have in stock.

https://www.fair-rite.com/product-category/suppression-components/round-cable-snap-its/lower-broadband-frequencies-1-300-mhz-31-material-round-cable-snap-its/

73, Jim K9YC
"