[VHFcontesting] Helping K5QE with 222 WAS....

To: VHF Contesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Helping K5QE with 222 WAS....
From: Marshall-K5QE <k5qe@k5qe.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2019 01:54:46 +0000
Hello to all interested in the 222 band.....I still need several states for 222 WAS.  I have grouped them into two "groups"....east and west from me.

The east group consists of KY, WI, MD, DE, ME, RI, VT, and CT. Of this group, KY and WI could easily be worked via meteor scatter, IF I can find someone to run with in those states.  So if you know someone that might help, please try to get us together.  MD and DE are also workable from here on meteors, but those states are in the "long haul" category.  In other words, they are both at almost maximum distances.  The rest are probably only reachable via EME.

The western group consists of NV, MT, OR, WA, and WY.  Of course, there is always HI, but everyone is just waiting for Bill-ND0B to move there with his Lunar-Links and FB antennas. None of he above states are reachable via meteor scatter, so EME will have to be used.

On meteor scatter, I am running 2 x 23el at 135ft and about 1300W.  On 222 EME, I am running 8 x 222XP40s with full steering and a tower mounted cavity preamp.  In the last week, I have worked two new states....UT thanks Mike-K7ULS and MN thanks Mike-W0VTT and AC0RA-Wyatt.

If anyone can help me with my 222 WAS, please contact me.  You don't have to have elevation to work me, just a good tropo station with some power.  We can run on your rising moon(stations to the west of me) or your setting moon(stations to the east of me).

David-N9HF is also trying hard to finish out his 222 WAS, so if you are active on 222 you might contact him to see if he needs your state.

Thanks....

73 Marshall K5QE
Phone is 409-787-3830 if you want to talk about all this....