Re: [VHFcontesting] Test Post

To: Jonesy W3DHJ <W3DHJ@jonz.net>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Test Post
From: Dave Pascoe <davekm3t@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2019 22:37:51 -0400
Yahoo (who also handles email delivery for AOL and other domains) has been
blocking emails from this mail server for a week or more - this has gone on
intermittently for years. Charter is another frequent offender. We adhere
to all internet standards regarding email transmission and some of us have
been doing this for many years and are intimately familiar with all those
applicable standards. Communication with the Yahoo Postmaster Team has not
borne much fruit as they are not very helpful staff all and seem to be
getting less and less skilled as time goes on.

My suggestions:

- get and use a Gmail account for mailing lists
- complain to Yahoo/AOL and tell them you want to receive these emails that
you subscribed to
- for those of you subscribed to these mailing lists who sometimes mark
these emails as spam...get a grip and stop doing that, even
accidentally...that is not helping since Yahoo claims that the issues are
coming from user complaints.

For the record, Yahoo (and very occasionally, Charter) are the only
providers who are mistakenly doing this.

73,
Dave KM3T
One of the admins of lists.contesting.com