Re: [VHFcontesting] FT-817 Sound card interface recommenadtions

To: Scott Armstrong <aa5am@vntx.net>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] FT-817 Sound card interface recommenadtions
From: John Kludt <johnnykludt@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2019 12:36:19 -0700
Scott,

I use a SignaLink and it works fine.  Depending on your setup and if you
are using a sequencer you can set the jumpers to disable the PTT out of the
SignaLink and use the PTT out of the sequencer.  I have tried a number of
different lashup and this is the one I like the best:

   1. One USB capable
   2. SignaLink goes into FT817 data port on back of radio
   3. I find it much easier to set the RX and TX levels using the knobs on
   the SignaLink.  The alternative is messing around with sound levels using
   the windows tools and that is a pain.

Other options I know but this works for me,

John K4SQC