Re: [VHFcontesting] VHFcontesting Digest, Vol 204, Issue 14

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] VHFcontesting Digest, Vol 204, Issue 14
From: Drew Arnett <kb9fko@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2019 01:17:49 +0000
If 6 is open, 6 is busy.  :-)  Have had some sporadic E either June or
January show up late say 9 or 10p local.

Overnight seems to be empty for normal contacts.  That's why I added
learning WSJTX to do meteor scatter during the early morning hours.  I
haven't played seriously in the VHF since getting up to speed on that,
but I figured it would be a great way to add multipliers and to fill
some of that dead time.

But for regular phone VHF+ QSOs, it's the sorts of time folks can jump
on the radio.  Usually pick up different folks on different days (as
some can't play both days) and pick up some in the evening when they
get a chance to play for a bit.  So figure stuff like that.  Any game
of interest will impact participation as well.

I love the VHF contests.  Have fun!

Drew
n7da