[VHFcontesting] January VHF/UHF Contest Plans

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] January VHF/UHF Contest Plans
From: John Young via VHFcontesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2020 03:49:07 +0000 (UTC)
Location:  FM08JL (Reddish Knob, 4400ft, 15mi west of Harrisonburg Va.)
Unobstructed 360 degree field of view.
Bands:  6m, 2m, 1.25m, 70cm
Modes:  PH, FM (primary) SSB as requested.  FM & SSB on all 4 bands(Big thanks
to Terry W8ZN for helping me set up the sequencer, the 220 transverter, pre amp
repair and amp mods)  I am not so afraid of smoke and solder now.
Power:  100W all bands
Mast Mounted Pre Amps 2m & 70cm.  Good across the SSB and FM freqs.
Antenna's  12 ft boom Yagi's, 5el 6m, 10el 2m, 10el 220, 18el 432.  All set to
45 degrees for FM & SSB with minimal losses.
Max demonstrated range:  300 miles FM, 340 miles SSB (both last January in an
ice storm)
I will be competing in the FM only category.  When its gets slow I will be
jumping over to SSB. I am more than happy to run the bands and hand out points
on SSB though I would request you give me a try on FM so I can add a bit to my
score if possible.
I will be calling CQ on 146.520 FM and we can QSY from there.
If the weather gets bad like last year I will default to Freeze Land Road which
is the grid corner for FM08-FM18-FM09-FM19.
To set a sched (FM or SSB) email me at Nosigma@aol.com or text to 703-678-6795
on or before Friday the 17th.  Texting the 18th or 19th is a bad idea, I will
be deep in the National Radio Quiet Zone (with permission), no cell vox and a
text takes 20 minutes to come through if it gets there at all.
Good Luck73John KM4KMU