Re: [VHFcontesting] Icom 9700 vs Icom X75 series

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Icom 9700 vs Icom X75 series
From: "Ron Klimas WZ1V" <wz1v@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2020 17:42:23 -0500
The decoder board I made was for the Yaesu FT-991.
It provides separate TX gnd outputs for different bands
as well as outputs for coax relays to switch antennas.
The difference is Yaesu has parallel BCD band data,
ICOM has serial band data coming out. But that would
be fairly easy to implement with a serial in shift register
like a CD4094 and some glue logic.
-73 Ron WZ1V