Re: [VHFcontesting] Rules Discussion

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Rules Discussion
From: w5zn@w5zn.org
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2020 18:24:29 -0600
I've always believed a 6 meter contest (only 6 meters) would be popular. That belief is based on nothing more than my opinion based on observation. I know there are a few who are active in the ARRL June VHF contest that only operate on 6 meters. That is the only band they are interested in. Unfortunately they are forced to enter the single op category for all bands. With 6 meters present on every HF radio that has been sold over the past several years many have that availability.

I would very much love to have a stand alone 6 meter contest. Would be nice to focus solely on one band without running all over several others. Problem is when to have it! I know we have the 6 meter sprint but that doesn't seem to really fit the bill for a 6 meter contest. With the ARRL test in June and CQ in July the prime time for 6 is pretty much taken up.

Anyway, maybe someday!

73 Joel W5ZN