[VHFcontesting] Fwd: Larry Filby, K1LPS SK

To: VHF Contesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Fwd: Larry Filby, K1LPS SK
From: Gerry Hull <gerry@w1ve.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2020 15:14:17 -0400
VHF Contesting friends,

I am very sad to report that Larry passed away yesterday.  His cancer and
returned, and come on strong.

My wife grew up near Larry (who is from Cabot, VT).

Larry's daughter and 40+ year friend, Chip, W1AIM, were tending to him near
his last moments.  His wife died a few years ago.

Larry was one of the best -- active in everything from 160-10GHz, EME and
everything in between.  An active builder.    We would swap many great
stories every time I would see him in person.

I can't count the thousands of QSOs we had over the years.

Rest well, good friend.  I hope the propagation in heaven is good.  DIT DIT.

Gerry W1VE
One of W2SZ/1 MGEF VHF Contest crew