[VHFcontesting] FS: Kenwood TR851A 70cm all mode transceiver

To: VHF Reflector <vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu>, VHF Contesting Reflector <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] FS: Kenwood TR851A 70cm all mode transceiver
From: John Geiger <af5cc2@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 May 2020 16:23:01 -0500
 I have for sale a Kenwood TR851A 70cm all mode radio which covers
430-440mhz, which is the weak signal and satellite portion on the 70cm
band. It does 25 watts on high power, and 10 watts on low power. You will
get this radio in its original box, manual, a microphone and the power
cord. It does not include the optional tone board, but one could always be
added.

This is the UHF version of the Kenwood TR751A (2 meter all mode) and both
are regarded as some of the best all mode radios ever made. The 851 is much
rarer than the 751A.

The power/Volume/Squelch knob works perfectly on this TR851A, and the radio
is in mint condition. Looks like it is brand new.

Be sure to read some reviews (including here on eham.net) and specs about
this radio. It is a highly regarded single band radio in the UHF WEAK
SIGNAL GROUPS. This is a RARE AND VINTAGE RADIO. THERE ARE NOT MANY
TR-851A's OUT THERE. THIS IS YOUR CHANCE TO OWN A MINT IN THE BOX WITH LOW
USAGE 851A!

I am only selling this because I found a great deal on an Icom 820 which
covers 2 meters as well.

Pictures are available by email.

I am asking $330 shipped in the US for the TR851 and can take
paypal/check/MO.

73 John AF5CC