Re: [VHFcontesting] This rover stuff is hard....

To: "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>, <jimk8mr@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] This rover stuff is hard....
From: Dan Evans via VHFcontesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2020 22:59:37 +0000 (UTC)
The way I used to handle logging while in motion was with a voice recorder.
Set it up so you can hear both ends of the QSO, and then review the "tape" when
you stop and enter it in the log.  It helps if you state the time at the end of
the QSO :-)
It's a PITA to catch up the log, but it keeps a solo Rover safe.
73Dan
-- K9ZF  President, Clark County Amateur Radio Club,Amateur Radio Emergency
Service, Clark County Indiana. EM78el The once and future K9ZF /R no budget
Rover  ***QRP-l #1269 Check out the Rover Resource Page at:  List Administrator
for: InHam+grid-loc+ham-books  Ask me how to join the Indiana Ham Mailing list!

    On Monday, June 15, 2020, 12:47:32 PM EDT, jimk8mr--- via VHFcontesting