Re: [VHFcontesting] States needed on 222 for WAS....

To: "k5qe@k5qe.com" <k5qe@k5qe.com>, "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] States needed on 222 for WAS....
From: John Young via VHFcontesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2020 21:32:17 +0000 (UTC)
If anyone Needs WVa on 222 for WAS let me know  so we can set up a schedule on
9 September (Wednesday next week).
On my way up to the W4IY site in VIRGINIA at Flagpole Knob for the Sept
contest, I can stop on Reddish Knob 4400 ft ASL at FM08JL, about 20 feet into
WEST VIRGINIA for a few hours Wednesday 9 September.  Ideal time is 1500 to
1800 LOCAL.  This is deep inside the National Radio Quiet Zone (I did get
permission) so I wont have cell or text capability when I get there.
Coordinate before Tuesday 8 Sept if you want to make a Q.
Going West is hard from there but North, East and south is easy.  Willing to
try west, but we will need to Sacrifice some wall worts and wax capacitors on
the alter of the propagation deity to stand a Pack Rats Pettutie chance of
getting to the west.
100W, SSB & FM, Demi Xverter, 12ft M2 beam at HH (not at 45 degree, antennas
rigged for H pole only this time).
73JohnKM4KMU