[VHFcontesting] K1DY Sept contest results

To: VHF Contest Reflector <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] K1DY Sept contest results
From: Bill Olson <callbill@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2020 19:20:35 +0000
ARRL September VHF Contest - 2020

Call: K1DY
Class: Single Op LP
QTH: FN54JQ
Operating Time (hrs): 9

    6:   20    14
    2:   59    26
  222:   16    11
  432:   13    10
-------------------
Total:  108    61  Total Score = 8,357

Comments:
Well, Hepburn predicted there would be coastal enhancement Saturday night and
Sunday AM and it was RIGHT!! With low power (barefoot FT991 and DEMI 222
xverter), I worked as far as FM06 (K1ISR)on 2M FT-8 (772 miles) and had several
SSB qso's on 222/432 to FM19 (591 miles to W3IP who was armchair copy)Spent a
lot of time chasing DX on 2M FT-8 and I suspect others were doing that too..
Consequently there wasn't a lot of moving up the bands. My 220 and 432 DX qso's
were scant and mostly a result of using ON4KST chat.. Didn't spend much time on
6, though there was a tiny bit of Eskip Sunday night, but weak and my best DX on
6 was FM19 on cw (K1RZ 554 miles on tropo)! REGARDLESS,.. with 4 band QRP, and
not a lot of hours spent, I had a ball! Thanks to everyone who got on and thanks
to the rovers! - bill K1DY in Maine