Re: [VHFcontesting] NU4E in 2m sprint tonight

To: David Gottschalk <dave@highredline.com>, "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] NU4E in 2m sprint tonight
From: Ed Kucharski <k3dne@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2020 13:56:47 -0400 (EDT)
My cut and paste from my cell phone got a little too truncated. Here's more
info on Matt's itinerary including grid.

Locator will be EM85MI at 6020ft asl. I´ll start in SSB around 144.200 for the
first minutes, I try to get as much of SSB in the log as possible. I have me
key with me but last time on 70cm I tried lots of CW without luck. Also I´m not
sure where CW portion is if if someone is monitoring is so I guess it will be
SSB and digi with some CW calls around 144.200.
There is little to no cell phone coverage up there so I can´t go to the ON4KST
chat or the DX Cluster. If you hear me calling somewhere it would be great if
you could give me a spot maybe someone will tun the antenna to me. I hope to
get a few QSOs in the log, weather should be chilli, first time since months
that I have a jacket in my car.
I´m using about 150W and a 6 element around 15ft high. I have no rotator with
me, so leaving the car to turn the antenna every once in a while. I plan to
stay 2h, maximum 2.5 hours depending on QSOs, but I guess I´ll close at 9:30pm
and take down the station to drive back home.